The Walker's Grove Safety and Behavior Committee, school administration and Chief Bennett of the Plainfield Police Department developed a plan to ensure the safety of our students during the am/pm drop-off/pick-up time. This plan was developed to ensure the safety of our students and to reduce traffic congestion at 135th Street and Route 30.
• We will now have ONE car rider drop-off/pick-up point. The North (back) lot will be for ALL car riders.
• Busses will pick-up in the front of the building. No parents will be allowed to pick up students in the front when busses are waiting to load students.
• When you leave the North (back) lot (IN THE PM ONLY), you will be allowed to turn right or left onto 135 th street. Cars should form two lanes when approaching the front-one for right turns and one for left turns!
• Please, NO parking on 135th Street. Cars parked along 135th Street cause traffic congestion and create an unnecessary safety hazard. Also, there will be NO parking in Walgreen's lot and crossing 135th street to get to school.
• CARPOOLING is encouraged to help reduce traffic congestion.
• Remember, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO PASS A STOPPED SCHOOL BUS FROM EITHER DIRECTION WHILE ITS LIGHTS ARE FLASHING OR ITS STOP ARM IS OUT!
Please do not pass any stopped school buses in our parking lots.
Thank you for your cooperation in this important safety matter.